Sometimes you may not be able to continue with the quote process due to some of your answers or the location of your house. When this happens, you will get a message on screen to advise we are unable to offer cover.
Please contact us as we may be able to offer insurance after discussing this with you in more detail. You can contact us online via live chat or call us on 0800 800 444 so we can find out more details regarding your house.
These are some of the things we might ask :
- your exact address, including postcode
- sum insured value (please note, we currently do not cover a sum insured above $1,000,000)
- square metres of your house
- what year your house was built
- the main material used to build your house
- whether your house has been rewired, relined or re-roofed since built
- if you have any existing damage yet to be repaired
We may not be able to confirm straight away that we can provide cover, but we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
In some instances after we have reviewed your house details, we may still not be able to provide cover.
Examples where this may happen includes:
- where there is structural damage to the house
- if you are insuring a house within a body corporate or multiple houses on the same street
- if you want short term cover (such as building a property with the intention to sell)
Still unsure? Fire up a live chat or contact us, we are here to help.