Contact us Help centre

Liability - why it's important

Liability cover is included in all Trade Me Insurance policies. It can help cover you in the event you accidentally damage property that isn't yours, but you may still need to pay for.

A good example of this is the third party car policy, which covers other people's property or cars that you damage.

Liability cover is important to have because you may know you can afford to repair your own car or contents but you can't foresee how expensive someone else's property will be.



Liability cover on Trade Me Insurance car policies is there to help out if you accidentally crash your car into someone else's car or property.

Every situation will be assessed on a case by case basis and subject to the terms and conditions of your policy wording. 



The liability cover on a Trade Me Insurance house policy will cover you for events such as if you are responsible for a fire that gets out of control at the insured address and damages other property.



Under Trade Me Insurance's contents policy you are covered up to $1,000,000 for accidental and physical damage anywhere in New Zealand. An example of this is if your child rides their bike into your neighbour's Mercedes.

Having contents insurance can be especially important if you are renting. You may not think you have anything valuable enough to bother insuring but if you cause an accident and damage the house you are renting, you may be held liable for the damages.



This is a summary only. See if this policy is right for you by viewing our policy wording which includes our benefits, terms and conditions.

Comprehensive car policy wording 

Third party car policy wording

Contents policy wording

House policy wording


Still unsure? Fire up a live chat or contact us, we are here to help.

Sorry to hear it didn't help! These articles might
Or speak to one of our team Contact Us
Powered by Zendesk