We understand that this is a difficult time and that sometimes sorting everything out can be quite hard.
To help you get everything sorted, we have some quick steps you can follow.
Notify us that the policyholder has passed away
This can be done by sending us an email with a copy of the death certificate.
Change the name of a policyholder into an estate
If you want to change the policy to an estate, this can be done in four ways.
1. By a lawyer - a request must be received containing the right to "act on behalf" of the deceased
2. By an executor of the estate - a request must contain the following
- A death certificate
- A copy of probate if assets valued over $15,000
- Or written confirmation from the deceased of their right to act on behalf of the deceased
3. By a joint policyholder - a name change can be made immediately to "the estate of" however we still require a death certificate to remove the deceased's name. All other changes can proceed as normal
4. By a public trust or trustees executors - a certificate of administration and supporting documentation will be supplied if required
Please send all of these requests to email@example.com
Still unsure? Fire up a live chat or contact us, we are here to help.