During a quote, you may sometimes receive a message like the following:
'Sorry, but the details you've given mean that we're currently unable to offer you cover. If you would like to know more, fire up a live chat or give us a call on 0800 800 444, and we can discuss your options.'
This message can appear at any time as it is determined by the details you enter.
The most common reasons for the message are:
- Accessories or modifications to your car are too high in value compared to your car's agreed value
- You have a car that is considered a 'classic'
- The sum insured of your contents or house is worth more than our maximum sum insured of $200,000 and $1,000,000 respectively
- You have a history of lots of claims or criminal convictions
- You have an address in a specific part of Christchurch or Wellington.
If your address is in Christchurch, you may still be able to get cover. Check out our Insuring Christchurch article for more information.
Still unsure? Fire up a live chat or contact us, we are here to help.