The Frozen food deterioration benefit is automatically included with your contents policy. It means you are covered when your refrigerator accidentally stops working and causes your frozen food to be inedible.
What you need to know:
- You'll have no excess to pay
- You can claim up to $500.00
- You will need to provide an accurate list of the affected items
We may also pay for the cost to repair any loss or damage caused by the spoiled foods.
How to claim
- You can claim through My Insurance hub, by specifying the frozen food option in your online claim form
- You will be asked to enter your list of affected items into the claim form. It's always handy if you can take a photo of the spoiled items before disposing of them
- An easy way to find these costs is to go to your local supermarket website and check the prices of the items online
- You can upload your photos and receipts to your claim form, this is called providing "proof of purchase or ownership"
- Once completed we will review your claim and contact you.
You can also upload any photos or receipts after submitting your claim form.
To do this, go the claim menu in My Insurance, find your claim in the claim list and upload the photos or receipts.
To help you out you can also download the Frozen Foods List.xlsx
It lists many of the common foods found in Kiwi freezers. Please complete this as necessary.
Still unsure? Fire up a live chat or contact us, we are here to help.